- View All Available Rentals
What does Allstar consider in the Qualifying Process?
How have you treated your past landlords or mortgage companies?
We look at your last 2 years of residency for positive, verifiable, history. We ask your landlords about late payments, NSF checks, warrants, complaints, and condition of the property when you left. We also verify that notice has been given and that you did not leave with a balance due or collection account. If you leased from an apartment community, they usually require written notice from you before they will verify your history.
Have you owned a home and paid a mortgage?
The payment history will be on your credit report and we will not have to call the lender.
Employment & Income
Do you have verifiable income of 3 or more times the monthly rent?
We will contact your employer to verify your position, income and length of time with the company. If your employer will not verify your income over the phone, you can show 2 recent original pay stubs to quicken this process and we will photocopy them for the application. If your recent employment is a new job, you can show an original offer letter on letterhead to verify income and we will photocopy it for the application.
Are you self-employed?
If you are self-employed, instead of pay stubs you can provide the following: (1) 2 banking statements showing deposits and monthly balances for each month, (2) a copy of a most current year's tax return with an accountant's signature, or (3) 1 or more 1099's showing income for contract work.
Do you have other sources of verifiable income?
Social Security, retirement or pension, trust funds, disability payments, substantial savings accounts, spousal or child support, and second jobs may be considered acceptable sources of income when written verification is available. Tips or cash paid income can only be counted toward the gross income with verification from the employer in writing.
Can we combine our income?
A married couple's income is combined to qualify for this requirement. If income is short of this requirement, a qualified cosigner may be used to offset income if credit and residency is acceptable.
How you have paid your past obligations?
Payment history, the amount of debt and amount of credit available is generally revealed in your credit report. Allstar uses Experian to pull the credit reports and Beacon scores of all adults 18 years of age and over who will occupy the home. Applicants with Beacon scores above 600 that meet income and residency requirements generally are approved with security deposits as advertised. Applicants that have weak credit scores, recent bankruptcies, collections or slow payment history generally can be approved, but may be required to pay higher security deposits after evaluation of income and residency. If you know you have bad credit, be prepared... you may need to pay a deposit in the amount of 2 months' rent or more to offset the risk to the owner.
- Valid photo identification, either a state driver's license or state photo identification card is required with the application.
- Valid Social Security Card, or Resident Alien Card, Work Visa or Passport is required to show legality in the United States.
- A voided check will be required to be kept on file.
- All adults (18 and over) are required to be on the application and the lease with the above identification provided. Children, ages 17 and under do not have to provide social security numbers on the application, but we do require the names and birth dates if they are to occupy the premises.
Allstar can often offset a weak area by strengthening another. A larger Security Deposit or a Qualified Co-signer may offset weak credit or new employment. These are the costs incurred when applying for a rental or lease purchase.
At Time of Application
- Non-Refundable Application Fee of $35 for each adult applicant payable online or in office.
- *Upon approval of your application, the security deposit & a signed lease are required to take the property off the market. This deposit is non-refundable.*
- The full first months payment is not due until possession is taken.
- You can apply online using our secure online application.
At Time of Move-In
- Security Deposit: The security deposit is usually one month's rent (depending on credit), payable at move-in only with certified funds or money order (all but $300 is fully refundable).
- Pet Fee: There is an additional fee required depending on the number of pets. The pet deposit is generally $300 for the first pet and $100 per each additional.
- Admin Fee: Upon execution of lease and before move in date, a $35.00 Processing/Admin Fee will be due. This is a non-refundable fee and is required to be paid upon move in along with first month rent.
Important note: The following breeds are not allowed by some insurance companies: Pit Bull, Doberman, German Shepherd, Rottweiller, Chow, or any mix of these breeds.